I’m often asked what equipment I use to record and publish the Blowing Bubbles podcast.
Here’s a list of what I currently use, and where you can order it.
- Microphone (x2) – Shure SM58 Dynamic Vocal mic † ~£90 each
- Mic lead (x2) – 5 metre XLR cable ~£15 each
- Mic stand (x2) – generic brand telescopic boom mic stand ~£13 each
- Headphone holder (x2) – generic brand ~£9
- Headphone (x3) – Sennheiser HD201 headphones ~£17 each
- Headphone amp – Behringer Microamp HA400 – ~£22
- Headphone lead – Balanced / stereo jack moulded ~£3
- Sound card (pre-amp) – Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 ~£120
- DAW (audio software) – Ableton Live 9 Lite ~£0 … licence included with the FocusRite sound card
- Laptop – MacBook Pro
† If you go with the Shure SM58, then contact an authorised Shure seller, as there are LOADS of counterfeit SM58s on Amazon/Ebay. I know because I bought one. Grrr.